Laser hair removal became quite a popular beauty procedure nowadays. It is the removal of the hair follicles without damaging the skin. The laser influences on the follicle and makes the hair ruin, fall out and never grow again. The laser’s target is the melanin pigment in the structure of the hair. To remove the maximum of the hair one procedure will not be enough; you will need several of them.
Such system of the hair removal is used successfully for more than 20 years. Still there are plenty myths and prejudices about it. Let us destroy the most widely spread ones.
- Laser hair removal is harmful for health. The laser ray reaches 1-4 mm inside the skin so it does not get deeper than the hair’s follicles. The only unpleasant thing it may cause to skin is reddening that disappears in a couple of hours.
- Laser hair removal causes ingrown hair and scars. A scar may appear only when the integrity of the skin surface was broken. Laser does not damage the skin surface, so there cannot be any scars. Same with the ingrown hair. On the contrary, laser hair removal helps remove the ingrown hair too.
- The procedure is expensive. Count your expenses on shaving devices, sugaring tapes, cosmetics for depilation… You spend much more on these things a year. Therefore, it will rather save your money than waste them.
- The procedure is painful. It depends on individual pain tolerance. There are some unpleasant feelings, but wax epilation is much more painful. The analgesic creams are used for the most sensitive places like armpits or bikini zone.
- The hair is removed forever. Unfortunately, it will still grow. But it will grow in significantly less amount and will be much thinner and weaker. Besides, there are many factors that influence the excessive hair growth like hormonal imbalance.
- Laser provokes the skin tumors. If there are already existing tumors, it is a definite contraindication for the procedure. But the laser itself is not the provoking factor, it mostly concerns ultraviolet rays.